GESELLSCHAFT DER FREUNDE DES DAM E.V.
The Society of Friends of the DAM has received two models of the European Central Bank from Wolf D. Prix from Coop Himmelb(l)au as a present for the archive of the Deutsches Architekturmuseum. And Coop Himmelb(l)au is now member.
The Society of Friends of the Deutsches Architekturmuseum was founded in 1985 as a registered non-profit organisation. The society’s main objective is to support and promote the Deutsches Architekturmuseum, Frankfurt/Main (DAM) both intellectually and materially in the execution of its public duties.
The organisation’s duties and aims include:
- The mediation, purchase, and sale of plans, drawings and models of German and international architecture projects and architects’ estates and bequeathals for the purpose of scientifi c handling as well as the effective public dissemination of the results of DAM’s work. A large contingent of permanent loans is housed in the DAM archive.
- Support in the planning, preparation and realisation of exhibitions, auctions, events and other ongoing tasks. Focuses here include youth outreach and museum education.
- Establishing contact with persons, institutions and companies that come into question as potential partners for the support of DAM’s activities.
- Supporting DAM with various PR-related measures.
- Maintaining an apartment for use by interns.
The organisation’s members include persons, institutions and firms that are committed to making a contribution to improving the quality of our constructed environment. The Board of Directors is elected for a period of five years by the General Meeting of the members. It is made up of representatives from the worlds of business, politics, education, banking and culture. This ensures that information from and contacts with a wide range of fields can be put to maximum use in furthering the objectives of the Society of Friends of DAM. In order to keep in close contact with members, at least one General Meeting is held every year. It is followed by a special guided tour of the exhibition on show at the time.
As you can imagine, the Society’s activities require a large amount of money, ideas, voluntary work and idealism. Why not support us in our objectives! As a member you will receive the DAM Annual free of charge when you pick it up yourself, as well as a 20% discount on all other DAM publications on presentation of your membership card.
Only society members are entitled to attend special previews and take part in special tours. You can also obtain the society’s annual gifts from 1998 until 2005 at a reduced rate. Architecture-related trips, for example to architecture biennials (2006 Venice, 2007 São Paulo, 2008 Venice) are organised for members.
Annual membership costs 95 EUR for private members, 50 EUR for students and 920 EUR for corporate bodies and associations.
The Board: Marietta Andreas (Chairperson), Prof. Johann Eisele (Deputy Chairperson), Prof. Helge Bofinger (Treasurer), Michael Bahrenberg, Barbara Ettinger-Brinckmann, Prof. Dr. Salomon Korn, Florian Schlüter, Fritz Straub, Francois Valentiny, Prof. Dr. Martin Wentz
Please visit the German pages for more information about events like previews, specials tours and more!